1. Do not eat anything until the numbness has worn off.
2. Do not rinse vigorously, or drink through a straw.
3. Rinse with warm salt water if your gums are sore and tender after 24 Hrs of surgery. (1 tsp salt in 1 cup warm water)
4. Eat soft and nutritious food. Avoid eating crunchy, spicy, or hot foods today, i.e. taco chips, carrots, crispy fried chicken.
5. Drink at least 8 glasses of water today to help remove the bacteria that is present.
6. Brush gently today even if your gums are tender to help remove the plaque that has started to return. Always use gentle, fluoridated tartar control toothpaste.
7. You don’t need to floss or use any home care aids (ie. toothpicks) today if there is too much sensitivity. But starting tomorrow, do so each day.
8. Slight bleeding is not unusual. If it continues, apply ice pack on outside of your face and keep your head elevated using pillows while lying down.
9. You can take over-the-counter pain medication for any discomfort you may have.
10. You need to visit the dentist in one week for removal of sutures.
Follow all our home care instructions exactly as directed. Success of treatment depends directly on the improvement of your oral hygiene.